For day #4 for the #SaladJam salad, I decided to make one of my favorite salads. This salad is really easy to make and goes with a lot stuff. I prefer eating it with a ginger-peanut dressing, but any light/tangy dressing would go perfectly with this salad. I hope you like it!!
Asian Slaw with Ginger-Peanut Dressing
Adapted from Once Upon a Chef
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey + 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural No Need to Stir)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
For the Slaw
- 4 cups prepared shredded coleslaw
- 2 cups prepared shredded carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 2 medium scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside.
- Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl EXCEPT the peanuts.
- Place salad in invidual bowls, add dressing, and lightly toss. Add crushed peanuts before serving.
- Serve cold.
Remain slaw can be store in a plastic ziploc bag and eaten on another day. Unused dressing can also be stored in an air-tight container.