Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip

by The ROXX Box on December 16, 2012

in Appetizer

I love a good queso dip.  Whether I’m home and want a quick appetizer, or going to a party where I need to bring an appetizer, I normally make a queso dip.  All you need is some Velveeta cheese and a can of Rotel and the possibilities are endless.

Roxanne's Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip

I started making my shrimp and  andouille sausage dip about 1 year ago.  I had to attend a party, and was asked to bring an appetizer.  I had shrimp and andouille sausage in my refrigerator for a dish I was going to make later that day, and decided to make a queso dip with those ingredients.

Roxanne's Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip

After making this dip, all I could say was, WOW!!!  I am so excited to share my queso dip.

Roxanne's Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip #SundaySupper

So here’s how you make my queso dip:

IMG_2005

First you need:

1 16oz block of Velveeta Queso Blanco or Original Cheese (cut into cubes)
1 10oz can of Rotel
1 cup raw shrimp diced
1 cup andouille sausage diced
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (optional)
1 tablespoon Canola oil (optional)
1/8 cup green onions/chives (chopped)

IMG_2006

In a saucepan add a little canola oil and place on med heat. Once oil is hot, add andouille sausage.

IMG_2008

Cook until andouille sausage is brown on both sides. Using a slit spoon, remove andouille sausage from saucepan and place in a bowl. Side aside to be used later.

IMG_2009

Next add raw shrimp to saucepan and saute until shrimp turns pink. I added a little creole seasoning. Pay close attention not to overcook. Once pink, using a slit spoon, remove shrimp from pan and add to a bowl. Set aside to be used later.

IMG_2014

This is what shrimp and sausage should look like when done.

IMG_2011

In the same saucepan, add cubed cheese and rotel. Once cheese starts to melt, stir continuously to prevent burning. Reduce heat to low once cheese starts to melt.

IMG_2018

Here is what cheese looks like when melted.

Roxanne's Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip

Add shrimp and andouille sausage into saucepan with melted cheese. Stir and allow to simmer on low for about 2-3 minutes. Once done, spoon queso into a bowl and top with chopped green onions/chives. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Enjoy!!

Rox

Print Friendly

{ 57 comments… read them below or add one }

Antonietta February 6, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Lengthy tale short, I wound up taking a task working out of Chiropractic for concerning
a year to conserve cash to begin my technique.

Click here to Reply this comment

http://202.143.161.60/phpinfo.php?a=espionnersmsahrefhttpislamteb.irherbindex.phpk2k2-categoryitem55-luzan-mipa-mikan-moren-hakin55-luzan-mipa-mikan-moren-hakinampislamteb.ira February 6, 2016 at 1:58 pm

The other private investigator activities that we carry also include
discovering any hidden financial assets, providing room
hard wire audio and visual surveillance and undertaking pre-employment screening for
your business.This article shows how cell phone tracking by SMS can be implemented.
There are some challenges thnat face interracial dating because
of cultural differences between interracial couples.

Plenty of Fish Dating Site of Free Dating February 6, 2016 at 1:24 pm

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful information with
us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for
sharing.

Joyce February 6, 2016 at 2:34 am

Nicely now it can be yours as you could find and personal superb personalised cartouche pendants, Eye of Horus jewellery and Egyptian Scarab charms.

Micheline February 5, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Preserve security in thoughts in your camping
journey. Maintain a nicely-stocked first-help kit together with the
normal bandaging supplies and antibiotic ointment.

Tawnya February 5, 2016 at 9:15 pm

I realized things I never knew earlier than.

Karry February 5, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Attractive part of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and
in accession capital to claim that I get actually enjoyed account your
weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your augment and even I achievement you get entry to constantly quickly.

clash of clans unlimited gems hack download February 5, 2016 at 8:37 pm

The best point of Clash of Clans is you can perform in iPad, Apple
iphone and on Android products not just on Pc’s and Laptops.

free instagram followers and likes free February 5, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Our authentic Instagram followers will actively boost the
exposure your profile gets.

Don February 5, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.
That is an extremely neatly written article. I will be sure to bookmark
it and return to read extra of your useful information.
Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

Clarissa February 5, 2016 at 3:47 pm

My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, except I know
I am getting familiarity all the time by reading thes pleasant posts.

Inez February 5, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Hello colleagues, how is everything, and what you desire to say regarding this paragraph, in my
view its truly remarkable in support of me.

http://leadcraftus.domain.com/ February 5, 2016 at 10:09 am

Cynthia Nixon, Dascha Polanco, Laura Prepon, Ben McKenzie,
and Morena Baccarin smile together at the 2015 Gotham Independent Movie
Awards sponsored by bliss Calvin Klein.

http://paratodos.com/ February 5, 2016 at 10:06 am

From what i heard it has the street battling abilities i
would use, judo and such would simply be a fumbling match to me but on the ground you
can simply knock the challengers head into the ground or press him off and standup unless you know a ground fight would be
a loss you might completely backup and prevent being takin down,
however this is just my mind running various circumstances, but individuals
here currently understand whats what >.

best UFC events February 5, 2016 at 10:01 am

By Fergie, which $5 from each sale benefits the Avon Foundation for Women and their battle to end bust
cancer.

Chester February 5, 2016 at 9:22 am

Working from her studio in Lincolnshire this Central Saint Martins graduate specialises in keepsakes and trinkets with
a rustic aesthetic.

Bell February 5, 2016 at 9:19 am

I acquired a phone from my mother telling me in regards to a
remedy that she had observed which said to
obtain rid of acne in 3 days, oneday.

Rafael February 5, 2016 at 9:19 am

It does not work as fast as it claims but over many days of using it morning and it did perform the job in removing the acne position, night.

seo February 5, 2016 at 8:25 am

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple Wordpress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

Tamera February 4, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Hi I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by accident, while
I was browsing on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
just like to say thank you for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
be back to read much more, Please do keep up
the awesome jo.

Nicole January 31, 2016 at 2:04 pm

When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she desires to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is
maintained over here.

Molly January 29, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Excellent, what a blog it is! This web site presents useful information to us,
keep it up.

Hezzi-D December 22, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Yum-queso is so incredibly delilcious and then you add sausage and shrimp? WOW

theroxxbox December 24, 2012 at 1:50 am

Yep..Can’t go wrong with queso, shrimp, and sausage… :)

gottagetbaked December 19, 2012 at 5:52 am

Wowsers! This dip would be the perfect hot, cheesy, spicy start to any party. The only way it could be better is if it were washed down with any one of the awesome Sunday Supper cocktails. Damn, I just ate dinner and I’m hungry again. Thanks for sharing. Happy holidays!

theroxxbox December 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Hahaha!! Yes, you have to make it. It’s DAMN good!! Happy Holidays to you also!!!

Soni December 18, 2012 at 3:39 pm

This looks amazing!!I love all the flavors in your dip and cannot wait to try it soon :)

theroxxbox December 19, 2012 at 12:31 am

Thanks Soni…I can’t wait to try your tuna balls!!

Conni Smith December 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Okay, so here is another one of those recipes that made my husband’s eyeballs get big :) Thanks for sharing it!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 1:44 am

Yes…Make it for your husband Conni, and tell me how he like it. :)

Megan Wood (@IRun4Wine) December 17, 2012 at 3:55 pm

WOAH! LOVE this idea. Amazing!!!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 1:58 am
Shannon @VillageGirlBlog December 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I imagine that the sausage really spices up the dip. And shrimp? Yumm-O! Thanks for sharing.

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 1:59 am

The sausage and Rotel does give it a bit of a kick, but not too overpowering.

smallwalletbigappetite December 17, 2012 at 7:33 am

Oh wow I want to come to a party you cook for. This sounds amazing

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 1:59 am

LOL…I just love great food :)

Dinnersdishesdessert (@Dinnersdishes) December 17, 2012 at 4:20 am

Yum! What a delicious dip for a party!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 1:59 am

It’s perfect. Make it a lot for parties.

Cindy Kerschner December 17, 2012 at 4:12 am

Great party dip idea!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 2:00 am

It really is a great party dip!!!

beate weiss-krull (@Beatepdx) December 17, 2012 at 12:43 am

Oh, yes queso dip – it looks fantastic!!! ~ Bea @ galactopdx

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 2:00 am
Katie C (@SheLikesRuffles) December 17, 2012 at 12:04 am

Now THAT’S an impressive queso – yummm!!!!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 2:00 am
taranoland December 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I love the combination of shrimp and sausage, looks so good!!

theroxxbox December 18, 2012 at 2:01 am

Thanks!! It is very yummy!!!

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen December 16, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I don´t like shrimp but wow, it´s amazing just with the sausage! Love this

theroxxbox December 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm

It’s also great with crabmeat if you prefer that….

Lane R (@supperforasteal) December 16, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I make the velveeta rotel queso all the time, but I never though to add anything else to it. If I don’t end up in New Orleans I’m making this for the Sugar Bowl. Thanks for the idea!

theroxxbox December 16, 2012 at 10:52 pm

New Orleans is one of my FAVORITE places to visit. I could just go there for the food……

Sheila Fretz (@CookUnderwriter) December 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Renee Dobbs (@reneedobbs) December 16, 2012 at 6:37 pm

You had me at shrimp and andouille. Oh heavens what a dip.

theroxxbox December 16, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Renee…And sometimes I even add lump crabmeat!! :)

Chung-Ah (@damn_delicious) December 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Andouille sausage is my absolute favorite! And this dip is heavenly! I want to dip everything in this!

theroxxbox December 16, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Like you I love andouille sausage. It just makes everything taste better. And I TOTALLY love your blog. Everything you make looks AMAZING!! :)

juanitascocina December 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm

This is like my dream queso! WOW!

theroxxbox December 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Thank you!!! I love it. Make it all the time!!!