I love this soup. It is so good and easy to make. Whenever I think about a warm and hearty soup, I think about this lasagna soup. I was first introduced to lasagna soup from CenterCutCook, and since then, it has been a family favorite.
This week for #SundaySupper, we are featuring one pot recipes. I could not think of a better recipe to contribute than this lasagna soup.
The soup takes one pot recipes to a whole other level…..Here is how you make it!!
Italian Sausage Lasagna Soup
1/2 pound Private Selection Italian Campanelle pasta
16 ounces ground pork sausage
1 cup diced red onions
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp dried red chili pepper flake
2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 Tbsp The Gourmet Collection (Oregano, Basil, Tomato Spice Blend)
1 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
4 cups chicken broth
1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup Progresso Recipe Starter Cooking Sauce (Fire Roasted Tomato)
2 1/2 Tbsps tomato paste
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups Kraft Polly-O mozzarella cheese sticks (diced)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1. In a large saute’ pan, place on medium heat and cook the italian sausage. Use a large wooden spoon to break the sausage apart. When sausage is done cooking, drain off any excess oil from the sausage.
2. Add the onions to the pan and sauté until translucent. Then add in the garlic, and stir for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in the red pepper flake, then add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cooking sauce, uncooked pasta, tomato paste, oregano, basil, gourmet collection blend, salt, and black pepper. The pasta will cook as the soup simmers. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Pre-heat your broiler on high. Make the cheese topping by combining ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and italian seasoning.
5. To serve, spoon about 1-2 cups of soup in oven safe bowls. Spread some of the cheese mixture over the top and broil for a few minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly. Please pay close attention to prevent cheese from burning under broiler.
Please be sure to check out my fellow food bloggers, as they also showcase some amazing one pot recipes. And don’t forget to check us out on Twitter #SundaySupper at 7pm EST, as we discuss/answer questions regarding one pot recipes.
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Korean-Style Short Rib Soup (slow cooker) by I Run For Wine
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by Momma’s Meal
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by A distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spiced Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots